Meet the Artist Johnny Thompson
Johnny has Starred as”Elvis” in These Movies, TV Shows and Venues
- Host 2005 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet for TRL
- VH1 Surreal Life
- Shanghai International Music Festival – China
- Hard Rock Cafe Makati – Philippines
- Star Cruises Hong Kong – Aquarius
- Star Cruises Penang Malaysia – The Pisces Ship
- Star Cruises Virgo – Singapore
- Resorts World Casino – Manila, Philippines
- SM Malls – Manila, Angeles City, Philippines
- Heritage Casino – Manila, Philippines
- Pagcor Casino – Tagaytay, Philippines
- Pagcor Casino Hyatt Hotel – Manila, Philippines
- Casa Blanca Casino – Angeles City, Philippines
- CMT- “Impostors” – CMT Television
- “Almost Elvis” Documentary – Blue Suede Films
- Opening act for The Beach Boys -Rochester,NY
- MTV – “One Bad Trip” Airing May 2004
- MTV – Viva La Bam Aired March and April 2004
- Fox Sports _ “Best Damn Sports Show Period” April 2004
- HBO – “Lifes Moments” Greg Thompson Story
- “The Men Who would be King”- TLC, The Learning Channel
- “TV Diners” – Food Network
- “Entertainment Tonight” – CBS
- “Today’s News” with Tom Brokaw – NBC
- “Get Golf” on USA Network with actor John Ohurley (Seinfeld)
- ” The Chronicle” as Elvis in “Elvis is Undead”- Sci Fi Channel
- “Fox Files”- Fox News Special Report
- “Good MorningLas Vegas” Las Vegas
- “Michael Douglas Celebrity Golf Classic” CBS Sports
- WGN, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX NEWS
- ESPN, NBC SPORTS and Many More!
- Johnny has played for the NFL Football, NBA Basketball , and Major League Baseball Shows
- He has Starred at the MGM GRAND,RIVIERA, LADY LUCK CASINO, NEW FRONTIER inLas Vegas
- He has Starred at Casinos Nationwide including Biloxi, Ms – Tunica, Ms -Chicago, IL- Oregon and California
2007 Images of the King World Champion-Memphis, TN
Live shows all over the World with Clients That Include Major Casinos in Las Vegas and Fortune 500 Businesses. Resorts and Concert halls in Countries like, The Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Japan, France, Belgium, Finland, Canada, Dominican Republic, Mexico and China. Thompson toured Europe in France, Finland and Belgium. Playing at sold out arenas.
Johnny began his Elvis Impersonation career by working for a singing telegram agency in Chicago. His career skyrocketed leading to performing at House of Blues Chicago and for the Chicago Bulls and San Antonio Spurs. Eventually working with the Top Elvis Bands has lead Johnny to be one of the Premiere Elvis Tribute Artist in the World Today! Johnny has worked with The Jordanaire’s , Elvis’s Original back up singers and many of Elvis’s original entourage including Elvis Stage Manager, Al Dvorin, who was a dear friend. Johnny has also met and worked with George Klein, DJ Fontana, Kay Wheeler, Joe Esposito and various Elvis Movie Co-Stars. Johnny has won many National Elvis Impersonator Competitions.
Besides being a performer, Johnny is an accomplished Martial Arts Instructor. He was nominated into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 1998 and has 4 Black belts to his credit. He as a 3rd Degree Black Belt in American Combat Kempo, 3rd Degree Black Belt from the American Knife Fighters and Street Fighters Congress. He also has a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and 1st Degree Black belt in Combat Hapkido. Johnny is also a Certified Jeet Kune Do Instructor, Bruce Lee’s fighting Method, and Certified under 2 Grandmasters as an Advanced Instructor in Filipino Martial Arts of Arnis and Escrima ( a knife, and hand to hand combat System). Johnny has taught women’s Self Defense courses, Law Enforcement including FBI Agents, Local Police Departments and Prison Guards in the Chicago area. Johnny was also a member of the Original Mortal Kombat Stunt Team in Chicago, starring all the main Characters from The Mortal Kombat Video Game. And was a stunt fighter in a move called “The Book of Swords” starring the stunt teams members, most notably Ho Sung Pak.
He has appeared on numerous TV shows and Movies and has appeared World Wide from China, Vietnam, The Philippines, Korea, Finland, France, Belgium,Japan,Bolivia, Dominican Republic,Canada to Mexico and Jamaica. Johnny Hosted the MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet in 2005 and was labeled TRLVis for MTV’s top Show TRL. He has since appeared in over 4 other MTV Show and on Vh1’s Surreal Life.
Greg Thompson of Greg Thompson Productions (GTP), on of the worlds largest show producers, with shows in Las Vegas, Reno, Biloxi Ms, on Broadway, Valley Forge-Pa., considers Johnny to be the “World’s Top Elvis Impersonator”. Johnny was cast by GTP to play Elvis in The Wolfman Jack Rock-n-Roll Review in Tunica, Ms,. GTP has recently produced another show around Johnny’s Elvis Impersonation called “Greased Lightning” that opened in Canyonville,Oregon in May 2001 and again in Biloxi, MS in 2003. In 2003 Johnny wrote and starred in a show for Greg Thompson called “Elvis, Elvis, Elvis” that was produced at Seven Feathers Casino,Oregon.
The King in Concert –The Hard Rock Cafe – Manila, Phillipines
The King is Back – Manila, Phillipines
The King is Back – Angeles, Philippines
The Famous Artist Show – Seoul, Korea
Elvis the Musical – Helsinki, Finland
Zenith Arena’s – 20 cities in France
Palais De Congres Theater – Paris, France
Marriott Ho Chi Min City – Vietnam
Shanghai Music Festival – Featured Artist – Shanghai , China
Sunscapes Resorts – Dominican Republic
Sunscapes Resorts Cancun/ Playa Del Carmen , Mexico
Plaza Casino and Hotel – One Year Contract – Las Vegas
The Empire Ballroom – Las Vegas
New Frontier Casino – Rock n Roll Legends
Elvis a Rama Museum – Las Vegas
Seven Feathers Casino – Canyonville, Oregon- “Greased Lightnin'” GTP Prod.
Wolfman Jack Rock-n-Roll Review -Isle of Capri , Tunica, MS GTP Prod.
MGM Grand – Heroes of Rock-n-Roll
Rivera Hotel – Las Vegas -Elvis Tribute Show
West Virgina Symphony Orchestra Fundraiser 1999
Elvis – The Millinneum Concert – Sabre Room , Chicago 2000
San Antonio Spurs Basketball Game
Chicago Bulls Elvis Night
Sunset Station- San Antonio, Tx
Winner: 1st place, 3rd Annual Midwest Elvis Competition and Winter Jam, IL
Winner: 1st Place, Portage Elvis FANtasy Fest, Portage, IN. 1998.
Winner: 1st Place Grand Champ, Hi-Tops Chicago 1998.
Fox News Special Report: February 1999.
Chicago Special Olympics: Hilton Towers 1999.
Elvis Performers Impersonators Imternational Association Convention 1999.
All Elvis Weekend Competition
Empress Casino- Joliet ,IL
Mall of America, Dept 56- Elvis’ Graceland Promotion – Minnesota
Jerry Lewis Telethon Fundraiser
Images of Elvis Competition: Louisiana
Lansing Lugnuts Baseball / CBS TV, Elvis Night Feature Performer (3 years in a row)
Chicago White Sox Stadium / Fox Sports TV, Elvis Night
Opryland Hotel: Nashville, TN.
Hotel Hananoyu: Bandai Atami, Japan
Hollywood Casino: Elvis Competition, 2nd Place Winner, Aurora, IL.
House Of Blues Chicago: Elvis 20th Anniversary, Chicago
Good Morning Las Vegas, CBS
Ed Debevic’s Restaurant: Chicago, IL.
Chicago Gift Association Tradeshow: Chicago , IL.
Banana Joe’s: Elvis Week- Chicago
EPI I A: Elvis Performers International Impersonators Association Convention ’97
Democratic National Convention: Magnum’s Night Club, Chicago
Arlington International Race Track: Arlington, IL.
Excalibur Night Club: Chicago, IL.
Vinyl’s ” Breakfast with The King”: Host/ Featured Performer for 1 1/2 years
Bub City’s All Elvis Weekend Tribute, Chicago
100.3 F.M. Radio, Viva Las Vegas giveaway, Chicago, IL.
“T.V. Diners” T.V. Show, The Food Channel
WGN, ABC, NBC, CBS News: Chicago, IL. r